Australia visa for US citizens | Visa collect

Australia visa for US citizens

eVisa Application for the American citizens travelling to Australia is now a few clicks away!

Visit Australia, Explore Sydney, or Meet your loved ones at Speed with VisaCollect’s Speedy Visa Services!

Have you ever dreamed of visiting Australia, the land of kangaroos, koalas, and stunning landscapes? If you are a US citizen, you might think that travelling to Australia is a hassle, especially when it comes to getting a visa. But don’t worry, we have some good news for you. You can apply for an ETA, an electronic travel authorization, that will let you enter Australia for up to 90 days per visit, without needing a paper or stamp visa. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it’s not.

Here we will show you how easy it is to get an ETA, what you need to do, and what you can expect from your Aussie adventure. Whether you want to dive the Great Barrier Reef, explore the Outback, or enjoy the cosmopolitan cities of Sydney and Melbourne, Australia has something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on your Aussie dream!

So, What is an Australian ETA?

An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is an authorization to travel to and enter Australia, and it is electronically linked to your passport. It is for short stays for tourism or business visitor activities. Business visitor activities do not include work.

How does the Australian eVisa/ETA program work?

The ETA/eVisa system was implemented in 1996, providing official permission to visit Australia, and it is linked to your passport. When you check-in at the airport, the staff can simply confirm that you already have permission to travel to Australia.

With this eVisa, you can visit the country of Australia for a certain period, whether for tourism or business. With this ETA, you will avoid going to an embassy and wasting a lot of time.

Getting an Australian eVisa or the ETA for the US Citizens

Travelling to Australia from the US is not too difficult, as the two countries share a common language. Australia is a great destination for travellers of all kinds: families, couples, solo adventurers, and more. However, there are some rules to keep in mind regarding their visa process.

Documents Needed for Your Australian eVisa:

is very easy. Here's the list of documents you need to process your ETA application for Australia:

Valid passport: The expiry date of your passport should be more than 6 months from your departure date.

Credit/Debit card or Online Payments Options: It will be used for your application fees.

Working Email address: We need a valid email address of yours because you will receive your visa on that email.

FAQs for Australian eVisa to American Citizens

1. Do US passport holders need a visa to go to Australia?

Yes, you need an ETA to travel to Australia. You can check your eligibility by clicking here.

2. How long does the ETA allow US citizens to stay in Australia?

US citizens can stay up to 90 days per entry, with multiple entries allowed.

3. How long is the Australian ETA validity?

The Australian ETA is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

4. How long is the application process for an ETA?

You will need at least 10 minutes of your time to fill out your request.

5. How long does visa processing take?

Visas are usually processed and approved within a few hours. This depends on your time zone and the time of the day the application is submitted. It takes up to 24 to 48 hours for approval. Expedited processing is available for an extra fee. You will receive your visa in less than 3 to 4 hours.

6. What is the next step after I have applied?

When your application is approved, we will send your Tourist e-Visa by email. So, when you are ready to travel to Australia, show a printed version of your ETA along with your passport.

7. Do I need a confirmed air ticket to apply for my ETA?

No. You are not required to have booked your transportation into the country before applying for an ETA. It is okay to apply for your ETA anytime before or after your flights are confirmed. Please apply for your ETA visa at least 24 hours before departure to allow for processing.

8. Can I stay in Australia for longer than 3 months?

You should apply for a visa that allows a longer stay (6 to 12 months) from your nearest Australian tourist office. A Tourist Visa (subclass 600) may be a good alternative if you plan on staying longer than 90 days in the country, but you will have to pay a higher fee. If you think it is unlikely that you will stay in the country for longer than 3 months, you can also start with an ETA, then apply for a Tourist Visa extension (subclass 600), and extend your visit while in Australia.

9. Is it safe to get my ETA using

Yes, prioritises customer data security and provides high-quality service, ensuring a safe and reliable process.

10. Where can I find more information if I have more questions?

For additional information or queries, you can visit the support page on our website. Our support staff is ready to assist you.